Let’s remember that how far you try, you can never paint, smile or kiss like a kid. Every single interaction of them is magical. Every single look of theirs gives us ecstasy.
Put it in a nutshell, a child is a form of Love in-action. Every time, we wanna know what love means, what love gives… Turns out, that it is univocally a child’s endeavour.
So, here’s my first blog for this year about Children , after a long unavoidable gap of ten months. Here’s what I heard from someone who have known the ropes and here’s what I acquired about children, their growth and development through a course on psychology. This blog is about cognitive development in a toddler from birth till the age of two.
I realize, as I write, that there is no ideal place or time for a kid to develop his\her nature. Also, there is no particular thing called “best fitting” scientific technique to parent them and mend them into a particular mould. Although, few of them can help gauge and improve themselves into their best selves.
How your Toddler think\reason out things around them and what do they do by the age of two?
Ideally, Infants starts to think by means of their senses and motor actions.
- He or she can tell you shapes and colours as to which one is square and which one is circle. Also, at best instance, they can trace them out.
- You child can tell you dreams and stories of fantasy and can do thinking in two levels. Imaginative and realistic, dramatic and make-believe plays.
- They can sing back small rhymes and songs.
- They can follow simple step guidance, like switch on and off. Take the ball and put it in the basket.
- They will start using one hand.
- They can build three-four level blocks and towers.
- Your child can solve problems like hunt out a hidden toy, find a missing piece etc.
Therefore, these are the few cognitive thinking skills that needs to be developed at the age of two by a kid, which should be encouraged and appreciated as a mark of accomplishment.
Coming to the Do’s and Don’ts in this development process, here are the list of things that needs to be noticed in your kid and followed with care:
- Be physically affectionate enough
- Know their signs. Keep a check on mood changes
- Keep them busy.
- Give them regular attention (Enough rest, full tummy).
- Let them choose what they want. Buying things directly for them will make them take things that do not belong to them.
- Let them explore in a gentle atmosphere.
- Analyse their personal regime, programme your day. For instance, take them out to show the town, super market.
- Encourage them, if they make a good gesture.
- Encourage more, advice less.
- Let him\her open up to you about his\her mistakes.
- Never discipline them in public
- Ordering or commanding is no substitute to speaking.
- Never over react harshly for any slipup.
- Too little attention to good behaviour. Too much attention to bad behaviour. Don’t Do it!
- Don’t help them too quickly.
Dear care takers (Care givers),
As it’s rightly said, Childhood means simplicity!
…Look at the World with the Child’s eye – It’s very beautiful.
See you in my next blog. Do your ratings and post comments below. Stay happy! More happiness to you!